Underwater Cables are used in various industrial applications for forming the grid of signals in solvents of various types. Signals of all types, be it audio, video or electrical, can be made to flow underwater without any interference. Cables are provided with insulated covering to prevent water and other aqueous fluids from damaging them. These Underwater cables are designed with the efficiency of staying intact under the water for a long time without any signal loss and leakage. Insulation jackets and extrusions act as the cover which keeps the cables protected from the damaging effect of solvents. These insulated covers are made to withstand aqueous fluids of all nature. Underwater Cables are the reliable source for the following applications:
- Sonar: Sonar makes use of Underwater Cables for transmission and exchange of underwater audio signals. Audio signals transmitted through these Insulated cables ensure smooth supply of audio signals, and easy detection and navigation with other vessels.
- Sewer and well inspection and maintenance: Underwater Cables are used for lightening the underground Sewers and Wells. They help in the inspection of Sewers and wells by lightening them and by using waterproof Cables for transmitting the video of the condition of the sewers and wells. Thus inspection and maintenance of Sewers and wells become easy with the use of submerged Underwater Cables.
- Video and camera surveillance: Through Underwater Cables audio and video signals can be transmitted to the surveillance system. The underwater video and camera systems are connected to the surveillance machines via these insulated and waterproof cables.
- Smooth supply of energy sources: Underwater Cables are the best means of supplying oils and natural gas between countries separated geographically by water.
- Geophysical survey: With the use of Underwater Cables, geophysical survey of remote locations is conducted. These geophysical surveys are of great help to the Engineers, Architects and Builders in constructing and designing various dams, bridges, flyovers, etc.
- Submarine communication: Underwater Cables are in use for telecommunication between the countries connected with water bodies.
- To power underground vehicles and Robots: Underwater Robots get the electrical, audio and video signals for working from the cables connected to the underwater ships.
- Working of aquariums: Underwater Cables are used to power the Heater and other equipment for running the Aquarium.
The materials used for insulation are designed to give indications if they are damaged, and water has penetrated into the cables. This insulation cover absorbs water and swells in the area from where the water has penetrated. This facility allows detecting and repairing the further damage. These damages are repaired using Underwater Cable Locator services. The Underwater Cable Locators are the special ships that detect damage area in the pipelines and cables. They are also used to lay the grid of cables submerged under the water.
With the wide usage of Underwater Cables in various industrial and other applications, many companies are coming up with the promise of providing Best quality and completely insulated Underwater Cables. Conscious selection of companies which provide Underwater Cables
with long service life with low maintenance needs is not an easy job. To make it easy, companies with quality certification are enlisted online, and their client’s reviews can also be searched on their company websites. This online searching helps in zeroing in on the best Underwater Cables Manufacturers and Suppliers.